RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nose gear placement
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Nose gear placement

Im reusing the nose gear stuff, so no new parts needed, thanks anyways.   As I looked at it again, the nose gear will be back 1/2" from stock, but also 3/8" lower than stock, so with a slight forward bend, I can place the wheel at stock position and height, so the control will remain the same. 

As it was this plane leaped off the ground after a short roll out, with the gear bent back, I usually bent the gear back from the rough ground during landings, and didn't fix them until I got home, so whether they are straight down, or bent back, its what im used to.  

Where I fly, there is corn at either end of the runway, so take offs are steep, as well as landings. If I dont touch down in front of me and go past, I usually have to go around or I will run off the end into the corn.   Happened to me a few weeks ago with my Kadet, had a dead stick and landed down wind, touched down in front of me, but that bugger just kept on rolling into the corn, thankfully it wasn't very tall. 

Then again, if there is wind, I usually dont need much runway to land the T-34, it can land like a helicopter, dead stop and drop.