RCU Forums - View Single Post - cheap chinese batteries
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:31 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cheap chinese batteries

I question the validity of Traxxas Fanboy's comments that the packs are American Made.

I need a source link for that claim.

Last time I checked, most everything is produced in Asia. Factories in Korea and Taiwan produce the cells and circuits, factories in China assemble.

SPC racing, the closest thing to an "American made" battery I know of besides maxx amps has theirs built the same way.

All they do is random QC testing on the batches they receive from the contract factory.

I question the claims of ANYcompany that says "we're the best, period end of story" charges the highest prices of any product in the market, refuses to provide documentation of their testing claims, etc. And vigorously and viciously attacks anyone who independently tests their products and finds them to be ordinary at best.

The unwarranted and abusive attacks on Jang are just the latest example. Jang may not be the end all/be all of the RC world, but he is a very fair and relatively objective reviewer. Most of the time when he tests/reviews a product, he goes into it hoping to see it live up to its hype. He is normally reluctant to call out something as garbage. For the company to pull the crap that it did to try to hide his results was very telling.

Why not post separate tests with different data for people to compare and make their own conclusions?

Couple that with user after user after user reporting that they get no better performance out of them than a $35 GensAce or some other "cheap alternative" and it is very difficult for me to say this product is worth the extremely high cost.