RCU Forums - View Single Post - cheap chinese batteries
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:34 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: cheap chinese batteries

ORIGINAL: Traxxas Fanboy

I don't have anything to back up my claim that they are assembled here but I do in a way agree with what latufu is saying. There has been a few problems to say the least between MaxAmps and Jang but on one hand we have MaxAmps saying they have the best stuff, charging the highest prices and advertising their batteries to have the highest of C ratings without backing it up with hard evidence of how they came up with those numbers and on the other hand there is Jang who I am sure tested the batteries the best way he knew how and with the equipment available to him to do so but I just don't agree with testing batteries that claim to be so far above the rest in they way that he did. I think the verdict is still somewhat out and as mentioned earlier, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Until the absolute truth is exposed all we as consumers can do is chose to believe MaxAmps or not. At the end of the day buy the battery that you're happy buying and enjoy this wonderful hobby.
but lets face even if he couldn't test the peak discharge it was a 6500mAh battery that lasted about as long as a 5000mAh. If anything the 6500 should have had another 5+ mins of run time not fall flat at the same mark as the 5000's
reminds me of the venom 5000mah batteries that only last as long as 4200mAh batteries from other brands.