RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Smartech Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 07:10 PM
KYZAAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Smartech Thread

hey guys, im new to the nitro world.so ill do my best to explain the issue. i got a winner sport of a guy a few years ago, he couldnt get it running, and i tried and couldnt get it running, so it sat in my closet for a few years. i dug out the buggy a few days ago and attemped fixed it up.

the gear mesh didnt seem right. it wasnt making any noise but when i push the car forward the clutch bell would not always turn the spur gear (sorry if i get some of the part names wrong), like it was slipping then engaging. i tried every which way to set the gear mesh with the same result. i set the carb and got it running, it seemed to be running good. the hsn was set at 2.5 turns out and the lsn was 2 turns out from flush. i ran 2 tanks of fuel. and another 3 tanks today. i was playing around the yard some more, and the clutch was slipping pretty bad. if i would accelerate slow it was fine, but if i gave it a big shot it would just sit there and rev high and make a clunk when it would engage.

i was playing around with the carb because it would bog when trying to go fast, and it stalled. i tried to start it and the whole car would move. after a closer look it seems the flywheel and clutch bell are seized together. they move together, but lock solid if try to pull backwards. it looks like a bearing case sitting between the flywheel and bell also.

what am i looking at here? i was thinking on getting a clutch bell and flywheel and hope it would fix my problem. any thoughts?