RCU Forums - View Single Post - SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

The new people seem to want the engine to run smooth at mid range and keep tweaking the needles until they get a lean flame out and resulting dead stick.

I like to tune the High Speed needle a little rich on the ground at first like explained in the previous post and then tune to how the engine performs in flight. I listen to how the engine accelerates in flight from mid range to full throttle. A sagging sound on acceleration is a sure sign of being too lean. Try some different settings and listen, to learn what I'm talking about?

The low speed needle will effect the high speed needle a little. If you readjust the low speed needle, you need to take notice of your high speed in flight performance also.

I try to set the low speed as lean as possible and still have good acceleration from idle.

A slow reduction of idle speed to a lower value when you close the throttle is a dead give away to the idle being too lean.

A too lean idle will result in the engine failing to respond when you advance the throttle from idle. The engine may even quit.