RCU Forums - View Single Post - BlueJay Dirty Birdy outline is not accurate to RCM plans.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:36 AM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BlueJay Dirty Birdy outline is not accurate to RCM plans.

There is tri stock in the Bluejay kit (actually trapezoidal stock) but not in the nose area. But I have to wonder when these changes came about. Remember, the DB was produced for many years. My understanding is that the Bluejay plans are exactly as received from Bridi when the rights were purchased. I think the evolution happened earlier than Bluejay.

All that being said, there are some minor differences between the Bluejay plans/instructions and the parts delivered with the kit. There are one or two places where you are told to look for a part cut to a particular size but the kit now includes stock that you cut to length. Not a problem but you search in vain for the precut piece with the given dimensions. There are also top blocks that are different lengths. Again, not a problem and it builds up same as the plans but again, it sends you searching. These changes are listed in my instruction update http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9520759/tm.htm

There are also some interesting things on the Bluejay plans that point to them having been updates to earlier versions of the drawings. The hardwood engine bearers are removed from the engine bay but there are some lines farther back that make no sense. When compared to earlier plans, these lines turn out to be part of the engine bearers that they forgot to erase. I believe a couple of things like this were also pointed out in my instruction notes.

But my notes do specifically build to the plans and parts provided with the kit.

Dave