Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetlegend F-22

ORIGINAL: marquisvns

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: marquisvns

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

What is best COG for F22?

Mav
Hi Mav, I like how it lands at 21.7cm. I remember I started at the recommended 20cm from the leading edge and was way to nose heavy for me and I spent too many flights flying ass heavy at probably around 23cm. Anyway, start from that, I think you may like it.

Regards,
Barry
Thx Barry, I have been told various COG from 200mm to 300mm? I am amazed that 230mm would feel tail heavy and 217mm feels just right. Do you find the F22 that sensitive to COG changes? I have added a 3rd fuel tank to mine (flash wing tank 1.4L) which will act like a second UAT meaning I can drain the main tanks dry. It sits in front of turbine meaning I will be quite nose heavy on take off. I have COG with this tank half full.

Be interesting to feel any COG changes during flight as main tanks also sit forward of the recommended 200mm COG! Just need some decent Sydney weather to do the maiden next few weeks!

Mav
Hi Mav, the 22 will fly well at a wide margin of CG. Problem with JL22 is that 80% of both main tanks are forward of CG and it'll grow real tail heavy upon landing. If the CG is too aft you're gonna have to expect to release down elevator to flare, not fun, but doable. I suppose the down pitch effect of flaps may compensate this upon landing, but take off will probably be another unnecessary drama. I later used flight mode for different elevator trim positions to overcome this. But since I moved it forward to 217, I find it more manageable without the trouble of various trim settings.

Cheers,
Barry
Barry,

I am currently at 230 mm. Will probably land early to measure fuel consumption so will end being more nose heavy in any case.

Will become tail heavy if all fuel is used by landing. I will be using flaps with approx 6mm up elevator compensation at full 20mm flaps.

Running elevons with ailerons.

Will see how this pans out!

Mav