RCU Forums - View Single Post - fa300t advise strange noise
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:11 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: fa300t advise strange noise

ORIGINAL: a70eliminator

Here's the sellers response, seems honest enough. Looks like I'll have to just eat the shipping cost and all I'll be left with a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to ebay deals. I have to at least ship it back so the guy can have it checked out, right? I have it packaged and ready for the trip.

Please return motor and I will have it checked out. If problem is as you say, I will refund your money. If I had known the crankshaft was bent, I would have disclosed that. I will work to rectify the problem. Sorry for getting back to you so late, I was in Florida at my brother's funeral. Thanks, George

I'm good with that, the motor if you turn the crank has a definate hard spot each half way around, it feels like the crank to cam gear is binding, the motor has obviously been apart as there are plyer marks on some of the bolts. A new crank for this motor costs $200 bucks!
I have the motor boxed and was just waiting on your response, I'll send it tomorrow.

I have had to use a dremel W/a cut off wheel on more than 1 Saito engine when the cylinder base bolts wouldn't come loose & stripped out the socket, but pliers? Jeese Louise you can cut the head off & get a replacement metric allen head screw at most well stocked hdwe stores.

Glad to see you are able to return the engine. No returns does not apply to damaged or misrepresented goods. You might have been able to repaiir it but then again once you start monkeying W/it you are SOL if you find that there is major damage inside.

If the crank snout is bent I would be very concerned that the crank throws might also be twisted & who knows what knd of stress was placed on the rods?

It's one thing to repair an engine that was damaged by one's self, but an e-bay purchase is quite another story.