RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tesax RC Drastik 120
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 PM
B.Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tesax RC Drastik 120

To dabrown: Sorry about your bad luck crashing your Stik. It is a great flying plane and your bad luck has nothing to do with the flying capabilities of the plane. As a matter of fact the first 15 or so flights on mine were dead stick landings. The 160 motor I started out with was worn out and I was not aware that it was in such bad condition. So on my first flight, it's maiden voage, WALA a motor outage. O/S. parts are expensive so after a new ring and main bearing back to the flying field I go with problem fixed expecting a happy flight. Wrong...Dead engine. I raised the tank as far as I could and replumbed the tank. Back to the fied. Dead engine again. The engine would not pull fuel from the tank even with stock muffler. So I installed a Perry regulator pump. Great I got it this time. Back to the field up in the air and after just a few minutes...DEAD again....Fustrated I asked myself,' What's wrong with this motor??? Went through it all again, found nothing. Fustrated big time. Back to the field up in the air again, perfect, landed with the engine running..this time. However the next few flights were dead again... This thing was really trying me but I knew better than to even think about giving up. So brain drain time again... Finally it dawned on me I had installed a glow plug that was not an O.S. plug, a new one but not an O.S. So with a new O.S. #8 plug installed back to the flield again and Alas. Got it. Finally was able to enjoy my new plane. Now it is about my favorite plane to take out....Don't give up keep at it all your problems will go away.....B.Day