RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ok Folks, I'm Totally Stumped. Any Help Is Appreciated.....
Old 09-04-2003, 03:08 AM
NebulaDDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok Folks, I'm Totally Stumped. Any Help Is Appreciated.....

I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.

I use two servos for the elevator on my plane. Each servo operates one half of the elevator.

The servos are operated by the same channel, using a servo-reversing Y-harness. (For those of you unfamiliar with these nifty little $10.00 devices, they simply make one of the two servos travel in the opposite direction.)

Both servos are in comparatively the same position relative to the elevator half they control, and both servo horns are the same length, and both clevises are attached to the same hole on the control horn on the elevator. For some reason, the elevator half that is attached to the reversing leg of the Y-harness moves more slowly than the servo attached to the non-reversing leg. Why is this? Is this something to be expected when using these devices? I bought two different reversing Y-harnesses, and BOTH of them cause this problem.

Other than flipping one of the servos over, what can I do to get both elevator halves to move at the same rate?? I'm using JR 535 servos, FYI.

Thanks.