RCU Forums - View Single Post - learning to fly
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 12:38 PM
canadian_jesus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default learning to fly

Ihave been flying RCheli's for a full year now, six months ago Ilearned to fly single rotor heli's, and now, six months later, Iam able to get them buzzing around the back yard, and the smaller one's, inside my basement, but I'm still a beginner, in my own opinion, Ican't do any "stunt" flying, and even when i get my heli's whipping around the back yard, Istill find myself getting them stuck in my small trees, and occationally I will loose control, and have to slowly try to bring the heli to the ground before I crash.

My question is, how long did you amautur and "pro" flyers take to learn to fly well enough to impress beginners like me? Ijust wanna know if im on the right track to be able to pull off some sick 3D stunts soon enough. And Iposted this in the E-Flite forum because all my own heli's are made by Blade, as my local hobby shop sells only that brand, which IMO, are great for people starting out like me. Im just looking to learn from those who are more learned than I am, so some good input would be greatly appreciated.