RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tower Hobbies Razor 3D GP/EP ARF 52"
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Razor 3D GP/EP ARF 52

Cool, that's some solid information. Yeah I thought it was a good deal at $139 back in February 2012. I noticed Tower dropped the price recently, I'd be tempted to pick up a second. I can't say the assembly has been a piece of cake, I've had my challenges along the way. Out of the box it looks beautiful. When I tried to take the canopy off, there was no way because of the protruding engine blind nuts. Had to make a tool to relieve some of the wood on the canopy. I didn't have the problems with hinges like you stated, mine were fine. I was really looking forward to installing my TT Pro 46 by drilling and tapping for with the supplied 6-32 machine bolts. Only to find out the TT 46 wont accept 6-32 and 4-40 with nuts will have to do. I had to mount the throttle servo from the top in order for the pushrod to match up better. No bid deal. When it comes to decals, just drench the surface and adhesive side of the decal with Windex in order to float it into position. There is NO way this plane can be assembled in the 8 hours stated in the reviews. But I'm not complaining, it is a very good looking plane. I love your photos Charlie, looks like the great organised clutter I work in. Great minds think alike. Thanks for your prop suggestions.