Thread: New DLE 35
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 09:22 PM
aerobear
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New DLE 35

ORIGINAL: rmoose

One would think by the time you get to level in this hobby. a prop would be the least of the exp.$ and besides id never trust a nylon apc on a big engine why distroy yourself and the airplane when is either breaks or comes off at you. thats why they have all those bolts holding it on the hub to start with.? Have you ever seen a prop shatter not very cool... im not talking crap just giveing the facts
The amount of money spent is irrelevant. APC makes props in sizes and pitches that are not common in wood props, especially for pattern plane use. APC props work great on the YS engines which are in the same power neighborhood as a 35cc gas engine. The multi bolt hubs on little gas engines are there so you can get that big boy look on a little engine. They are not needed in this size engine. A single bolt hub allows the use of ANY prop so it would make more sense than the multi bolt setup which creates a pointless limitation. I have used APC since they first came out. Never had one shatter or seen anyone else shatter one.

One the other hand I have seen plenty of guys break the bolts on a multi bolt hub. I don't blame the hub though, user error.