RCU Forums - View Single Post - JetCat servicing for UK users
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Andrew Bailey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JetCat servicing for UK users

Thanks all for your responses.

My P120 is an old one which came installed in a recently acquired classic Flash.According to the ECU it had only 3.6 hours previous timeThe plane has been flown about six times since I picked it up and initially the turbine sounded fine. However, at Long Marston at the weekend it started to make a 'not right' whining noise when shut down. The noise continued as the starter motor went through its cooling cycle.Geoff W heard it and came over wincing and he tells me he thinks the bearings are buggered. I am reluctant to continue using it and risk a catastrophic failure. By the way, the rest of the turbine looks to be in good shape, the blades look fine and there is no evidence of damage.

I really do not want to spend a load of money on an old and relatively low value turbine. I also don't want to end up waiting months before I see it back again whilst it sits in a queue in Germany. Rather naively I was expecting to receive a similar level of service from JetCat that I have enjoyed from Jets Munt; particularly given how many people have chosen to buy them.

I will talk to Dave W tomorrow.