RCU Forums - View Single Post - Loving the AE .2cc with video
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 10:50 AM
william hanshaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loving the AE .2cc with video

Hi, Nitroairplane.

I saw your post on the AE's and it seems I must be a glutton for punishment! I've acquired two AE's, a 0.01 and a 0.02. I tried to run the .02 last night and was surprised that it ran fine on the prime (only one lone tiny drop in the venturi), but it just wouldn't keep running on the tank's fuel, no matter what I did to the NV setting. I had carefully mixed up fuel using the formula in the instructions, including Amsoil DII. When I received and unpacked it, the engine was stuck with gunk and wouldn't turn over by hand. Since it was NIB (or so I was told), the presence of gunk showed me the engine had been test-run at the factory, but no after-run oil applied so it was solidly gummed up. I carefully cleared the engine using Carburetor Cleaning Spray and much gentleness so as not to over-stress the crank, pin, etc. I didn't dismantle the NV assembly, but cleaned the needle and blew through the open spray bar and it was clear.

Might I ask if your .02's NV's setting is critical, or more gentle to adjust? My NV has very little taper, sort of looks like the old Fox 35 Stunt engine's NV with its blunt, squared-off point. It seems to me that it might better be ground down slightly with a gentler slope, to a point. Hopefully that might make it less critical to adjust. Any ideas?

I hope to master (and in no way abuse) these two cute little engines...I haven't even considered yet what to mount them in! Maybe a miniature "Dakota" or scaled-down Bugaboo? One thing at a time, I guess!

Bill