RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Max 91fx Shutting off above 3/4 throttle, HELP!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 AM
MDFlyer83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Max 91fx Shutting off above 3/4 throttle, HELP!

Hello all, im in the process of trying to figure out why my problematic OS seems to shut off above 3/4 throttle. It will start up fine and idle like a champ, but,if I gradually give it throttle once it reaches a notch past 3/4 the motor shuts off. I tore apart the motor only to find rust on the main bearing. So, I ended up getting a great deal on a almost NEW91 (free!). I bolted her in, fired her up, reved it slowly to a notch past 3/4 and BAM she shut off again? Here is a small list of what Ive done to remedy this problem:

1. New fuel lines
2. New glow plug (once replaced it ran better but 10 seconds later shut off)
3. Checked batteries both rx and tx but all were fully charged
4. Checked for bubbles in the lines but couldnt see any
5. Old motor had the cast high speed needle but the new one has the remote bracket
6. Running cool power 15% (should this be changed, perhaps killing glow plugs?)

The common factor that hasnt changed is the fuel tank, could it be that the tank is loosing pressure causing it to stall?Perhaps a slight pinhole letting the motor idle fine when there is a low demand for fuel but once it reaches 3/4 throttle pressure cannot be maintained?

Ive searched but havent been able to find a remedy for this. Please if anyone can shed some light on this id greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Adam