RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flight-Model KI-61 ???
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 PM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flight-Model KI-61 ???

Very nice. Who mfg'd the P-40 that you used for the Hawk/Mohawk conversion? The KI-100 idea sounds pretty cool too. I'd like to see how that turns out.

These folks have a good selection of generic radial cowls in varied sizes, tapered/untapered if you can't otherwise find a candidate cowl;

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/catalog.htm

I've been caught up in doing "a work of art" on the Zero but in anticipation of having both time and weather to fly this coming weekend I did a final (again) premaiden systems check out, cg recheck and ran up the engine. It's setup with a Saito FA-91s right now but I think I'm going to put one of my FA-125's in it instead...the 91 is inherently just such a heavy vibration engine; seems to be trying to shake the plane apart at 3/4-full throttle. I'm not sure it has the umph for the Tony either. It turns a 14x8 or a 15x6 @9100 while I think I'd really like to see a 15x8 or a 16x6 @9250...the FA-125 is smooth as silk at all rpm's as well.

I looked all through this thread and if it's there I must have missed it; What prop and rpm are you and Dogshome using on your engines?