RCU Forums - View Single Post - 72 mhz still ok?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 72 mhz still ok?

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

Agreed on the 50Mhz ham band, but if the FCC can get money from licensing our old 72Mhz channels to commercial users, it will.
Pete
Correct ,

All the more reason for our AMA to protect the frequencies we are presently assigned . Not to mention , the 2.4 ghz band is already under pressure from would be licensed operations seeking a segment .As unlicensed users, RCers are forced to accept interference from but generate no interference to licensed users . The short sightedness of our current AMA staff is shameful .

Anecdotes are quite limiting . I could cite many of the problems I have seen from both systems .As well as the inevitable blame the radio game .
Again , I am not boosting one over the other, just working to manitain what we have . The 72 mhz gear works extremely well and we should do whatever is needed to maintain the allotment we enjoy . Once 72 is lost and 2.4 becomes far more crowded ..and it will..spread spectrum won't be enough .

The hobby started with ham radio operators and could easily wind up there again if we are not careful.