RCU Forums - View Single Post - LETS SAVE SIG BEFORE THEY GET SWALLOWED BY THE BIG TWO!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:18 PM
carddfann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LETS SAVE SIG BEFORE THEY GET SWALLOWED BY THE BIG TWO!!!

I love Sig. Some of the best planes I ever had were Sig. I was in the hobby as a teen from about 1978 to 1988 then got out from lack of time. Now, I've been back in for about 3.5 years. One of my first planes was a Sig Kadet with the aileron option. Later, I had a Kavalier (what a smooooooth plane) and a Kougar. When I got out, I sold everything. Since getting back in, I've bought several Sig kits to build and some are vintage. Those are Kougar, Kadet (original from 70's), Piper Cub, Liberty Sport, Aerobipe, and 4-Star 40. Sweet, fun to build and fly planes. People with only arfs don't know what they're missing. Oh well, each to their own.
To address the earlier post about kit prices, yes, they are going up due to simple supply and demand (unlike gas and oil prices [:@]).
With short runs and set up charges, kit makers have to raise prices because not nearly enough build anymore. [&o]What shame, but then again I'm old school and getting old.

Speaking of kit prices, finishing supplies have shot up too for the same reason. Look at cost of covering materials, wheels, hinges, and everything else it takes to finish a plane.