RCU Forums - View Single Post - RANT: The "Discontinued" ARF!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 12:54 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RANT: The

The answer is to build it yourself. Even if you fly an ARF, if you need a part, build it! If something was damaged in a crash, you should have the broken parts. Clean it up, trace the parts outlines and build a new one. A little wood, a little glue, some covering, there's nothing in an ARF that you can't build for yourself. China hasn't cornered the market yet on the ability to build, in spite of the fact that some people think that model airplanes are only available in an imported box.

And it's amazing what can be repaired. I've crashed planes so badly that I came home and threw them in the dumpster (this from a guy who has built every plane he's flown in the last 45 years and repaired inumerable crashes). After a cold adult beverage and a little thinking, I went back to the dumpster and dug them out. In just a few days they were flying again. Come on guys, learn how to be at least the slightest bit of a modeler instead of just a consumer of pre-built planes and parts! You might even find that you enjoy it.

Dave