Old 07-26-2012, 06:09 PM
powerslider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless Summit= Awesomeness

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: powerslider

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: powerslider

Cool, I've had an RX8 system in one of mine since the beginning and as you know now huge improvement over stock. Boat loads of power but still smooth as silk at crawling around the rough. Have fun with it,I know you will lol.....
Yeah, its a big power gain from stock, but to be honest, that stock system is one of the better brushed combos I've used. Have you had any problems with breaking driveshafts, spurs, diffs, or any other driveline component? I let me brother drive and he managed to break both rear driveshafts without bashing it at all really (mostly low gear). I honestly think that it was from me bashing it before that, but he will be paying half of the repair bill nonetheless...
Are your supension links in the stock (middle) holes on the A Arms? You don't want the shafts binding at full extension. I have not broke any Summit shafts yet butI have on the E Revo and E maxx but no other problems. Check your slipper adjustment, don't lock it up. This much added power will wear on the driveline if you pound it hard, just keep that in mind but it's worth the risk to me...
Yes, they are in the stock holes. And I tried to keep the slipper a little loose, but it started smoking after just 5 minutes due to all of the power causing it to slip! Does anyone make an aftermarket slipper clutch?
Lol I guess it wasn't to tight then,I don't know of an aftermarket slipper. You could install the aluminum pads from the brushless E Maxx but I haven't had an issue with the stock ones you just have to keep them adjusted.