RCU Forums - View Single Post - Batteries, what the?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:19 PM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Batteries, what the?

Ihave a plane running a DLE55, with a 4.8v, 2400mah NiMh batt for ignition. If I remember right, I used to be able to get at least 4 flights out of that config. Now days, After one flight on a "full" overnight charge, the voltage check reads just like it always has, just over 6 volts. However, after one flight, voltage drops down to the 5.39 range. I figured, ok, maybe I fried the battery, so I get a new one, same specs. Overnight charge at 125 mah, got to the field about a 1/2 hour later, voltage had dropped to about 5.7, and after one flight, you guessed it, right around 5.4. I haven't tried to fly beyond this point, should I? Maybe the voltage will hover around after the drop, but should I take the chance?

And please, to some of you this may have been asked before, and may be a rookie question, but all of our learning started somewhere, so please no snippy comments about how I should know this already, or check the search engine, or "dude, just use an IBEF, why are you screwing aroud with..."

I'd really just like to know if there's something I'm missing or if this is normal...

Thanks in advance!