View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 03:53 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: K&B Sportster Club

ORIGINAL: spaceworm

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: KCLC

Well, you know I never thought of swapping out the exhaust on the left engine. But that would have looked cool. I'm not sure now that I've about got them broke in. These little engines do sound good together. But I discoverd a good/bad thing. They are extremely QUIET. If any one else is flying, I can't here if both engines are running. At any distance, I can't hear them at all. The .20's don't yank it vertically on take off, you have to let it roll-out. But it feels responsive after takeoff, my landings need much practice now. It's low speed maners are different than a single engine plane. It's Basically an over weight .40 sized aircraft and does not float in, you have to fly it down to the runway and flair it with some throttle still in, for touch down.
I figured you had the engines ran in already. Since thats the case, you shouldn't flip the cylinders now. I'm debating doing this on my second Sportster .65. My runner of the two has the exhaust on the typical side, but sometime I would like to run my pair of .65's on a twin engine something so I may break it in with the cylinder flipped so whatever its on is balanced. We'll see though, as thats a long ways off yet.

Although I have one, I have not taken it apart, so this may not work. But, if you turned the piston around when you turned the cylinder around, then the broken in piston and cylinder are still matched, right?
That sure sounds correct. I am not real sure, but I think there are also some side forces in there acting on the piston. No idea if that would have a bearing on things or not.
????
I have never had mine apart. Are there any areas in the case thatmatch up to the intake port areas in the cylinder? If not the could you turn a cylinder 90 degrees so it was facing aft (not yet ran acourse)?

Ken