Thread: 60 size ARF
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 60 size ARF

ORIGINAL: SeamusG

ORIGINAL: Pylonracr

My vote... Get an Ultra Stick and fly the daylights out of it. Great second plane, easy to fly, and will do most stunts as your flying progresses.

My personalidea for a 60 sized plane would be an Ultra Stick 40 with a 60 on it. That is still my every day flyer. I built mine with the quad flap option, which is hugely entertaining.
OKPR - you're a sick puppy - but it's a really fun idea.

How about a Great Planes Big Stick .60 with a 90 size 2-stroke or 4-stroke.

Sick...WHAT????

Actually it is a great flying plane, but I should explain myself first. I fly at 5000' so I need to power my planes a little more than the minimumengine requirement for them to fly well.The FX61 on my Ultra Stick 40 is modified with a Performance Specialties piston and cylinder, higher compression, larger carb, and a Jett muffler, all of which gives it a touch more power than a stock engine a sea level. It turns a 13x5 at 14,800 on the ground and is a draggy plane, so it really does not go very fast. I fly it at 1/2 throttle most of the time and it has unlimited verticle. This plane has great mannors and isvery easy to fly. I stand by my recommendation, this would be a great second plane. I have had this one for years; I always take something really fast to the field, but I am never without this plane.