RCU Forums - View Single Post - F3A Results - SPOILER
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: F3A Results - SPOILER

Would like to say thank you to Archie Stafford, Tara, Tim Jesky, Bob Kane, Jerry Plyler, so many others that helped with running the NATS on the F3A side. For those who did not make it, you missed a great NATS. We really enjoyed the banquet (standing room only). A real shoot out in FAI and congratulations to Andrew for his outstanding flying. I'm told both Chip and myself are team alternates. I poured on the coals after the prelims because I knew I'd be going to South Africa no matter how I finished. Some info about the planes that Joseph and I flew. Its been extremely busy so I was not able to do my usual NATS experience report. Maybe I'll write somthing up when I get some sleep. Anyhow, Congratulations also to Joseph who worked very hard in preparation and is a Team USA Junior member. He ended up in 10th place at the NATS at 12 years old. We compared notes with Chip when he was Joseph's age and got him to pull back some of his memories from the 1980's. In any event, they measured each other (back to back) and at 12 Joe is almost as tall as Chip so in another year or so he may be taller, but I'm getting ahead. Great flying by all pilots!

Don Szczur and Joseph Szczur
Pegasus by X-Treme Composites and distributed by F3A Unlimited
E-flight 160 motor
JR 8411 rudder
JR 9411 ailerons
JR 3421 elevators
Castle HV 80 ICE
JR 11X radio
8 lb 1 oz dry (without flight battery)