RCU Forums - View Single Post - 60 size ARF
Thread: 60 size ARF
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 10:05 PM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 60 size ARF

ORIGINAL: Iherling

What is a good 60 size ARF ...must be an ARF.. with a symmetrical or semisymmetrical airfoil that is a good 2nd plane. Have done loops rolls some inverted flight with my trainer but want to step up. I have read tons of previous posts on good 2nd planes, but am looking for a down and dirty answer or suggestion
thanks

My initial thought was a Pulse XT as per the first reply to your question. While I have some time on heli's before getting a plane, I'm personally finding that my Yak54 at 30% on all throws and with a good amount of expo is proving to be a great 2nd plane (seriously!!).
While some will state I'm mad (your entitled to your opinion), it's light, has a really low wing loading, floats in for landings at stupid slow speed, and once tamed in re control surface throws and expo, is proving to be a really nice aircraft ..... and as the guy who did my initial test flight for me put it, "she fly's like a kitty cat"!!
It was an educated and thought out punt when I went this way, but as the true nature of the beast is a dual rate switch away as I expected it to be. and it's fair to say that I'll NEVER out grow this 2nd plane!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36748.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1786673