RCU Forums - View Single Post - Central NEW YORK boaters
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: cflslider

Thanks for the replies Gents. Craig, you are correct. I quoted an incorrect figure. That said, the pond size will increase. We plan on digging out the side closest to my Brothers rental home. You can actually see where the previous owner built a small wall of concrete blocks. That will be the new waters edge. Where the new road is being built will be another change as we clear that.

So now the obvious question. Is the pond to small for any serious rc boating activities ?

I've been in touch with Mr. Thompson already and invited him to visit. I got his name from a local hobby shop. Turns out we're not to far apart in Florida either so I'm sure I'll see him there also.

Thanks again for the welcome. No matter what, I plan on getting involved with rc boating and look forward to meeting some of you as soon as possible. 3am flight out so I'll say so long till tomorrow evening. Have Fun All !!

We can do a lot of talking as I started doing what you plan to do in 2008. My pond started at .75 acres and now is 640 feet long and averages 185 feet wide. We are digging again this late fall.

Joe is correct on the pond size, but I would shoot for a little over 600 feet. When racing, it's easy to go long.... I hope to hit 700 feet long at some point in time, but not this fall. I am concentrating on width first. When enlarging your pond don't worry about depth too much, I'm only going three feet deep on the new parts. As long as you have spots that are 8+ feet deep fish will survive winters just fine. People say you will have weeds in the shallow area, but I get weeds in the deep areas too. Triploid grass carp and dyes are what is legal for weed control in NY.