RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS AX 46 needs more power
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:22 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: OS AX 46 needs more power

ORIGINAL: airraptor

Yes max power I am a super hero.

by the way my name and rep isnt on the line. I sent your buddy a engine on good faith. I didnt send it to him to run then post the numbers. I can run video all day long if you want on these engines. i didnt know your buddy so why would I send my best engine to a stranger. I wasnt sure I would even get it back. I ran the engine before i sent to him and I ran it when I got it back and the engine ran the numbers I said it would. I tried to help your buddy serveral times when he asks for help but I see now you and him are beyond help because you will not listen.

Anything else from MN?
We need to get a few things clear here. First off, you never said anything about posting the numbers I got with your engine. Based on how proud you were of your engine guy, I wanted to see if it was really up to snuff. Turns out it wasn't, and probably due to the elevation change from your part of the country (assuming near sea level) to my part of the country (about 900-1000ft ASL). Perhaps if I had a little "thicker" air, it might have revved up a bit more. I have seen your videos, and I have seen what your tach has to say. No doubt your engines turn those rpm in California, but they don't here in Minnesota. Go figure that local climate has so much to do with how an engine performs.

Your engine ran according to one of your posts, as down on power when you got it back vs. when you sent it out.

ORIGINAL: airraptor

LOL it was fresh transfluid. i got the engine today and just ran it. i got 17,500 dead even on the the same 9x8 prop on red muffler so it is donw on power from before i sent to you. I will tear it down tomorrow to find out where the problem is.
In a PM you claimed 17,800 on a 9x7 apc pro and 5% fuel. My highest reading was 800rpm less than that. What is a person supposed to think when you expect one result and get another? Something would have to be amiss. Perhaps at my elevation I needed 10% nitro to get the same results you got on 5%.

One last thing. I never asked for help from you. You replied to at least 2 of my threads in the Tach forum offering your "engine guy's" services on at least 2 of my engines, 3 including the .46. You offered, I didnt ask. If I were to consider having your guy do work for me, I would need to see the proof in the pudding, and I didnt see that where I would be running the engine. Did I go about it after the fact very well? Probably not - I apologize for that. But don't tell me and everyone else that I asked for help from you and then wouldn't take it.