RCU Forums - View Single Post - help me deal with this guy!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 02:45 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: help me deal with this guy!!!

ORIGINAL: turbojoe

Your situation is exactly why I so seldom sell anything anywhere. eBay and PayPal rape you for fees and I just don't trust buyers for the reasons you experienced. That being said I recently sold three kits there without issue other than my money being held for 6 days after item receipt by the buyer because I hadn't sold anything there in so long. RC Groups classified section is populated with whiners that want everything for free and selling there is a last resort for me. I have sold here on RCU in the past and had no problems. Seems to be a more mature crowd here. Maybe I'll start posting up some items here for sale soon.

Joe
yeh, rcu's marketplace has 98% good people. I lost count of how many trades, sells and buys Ive made on rcu.

ebay over all isnt that bad IMO. yes, there fees are a bit high, but then your ad gets viewed by a much wider group they it can anywhere else.

Paypal I couldnt live without. Last time I paid with a money order for an RC I got scared half to death when the guy kept saying he never recieved it. turned out his little sister had gotten the mail and not given it to him.
But with paypal payment is instant, recorded and you have proof. No chance of the buyer saying he didnt recieve. and you dont have to wait for the seller to get the check and then cash it. that can add alot of time to the deal.