RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 10:53 AM
TSNF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Thanks EXT2Rob, jclay413, BurningEvader1458 and everyone else.

DuraTrax is a great entry level car and for those of us without the ambition of racing and stuff like that (just bashing, having a little fun) the Evader and cars like it are a fantastic way to get involved.

I've had my T-Maxx since (oh God) 2004 and that kit cost me probably just around $500 and it still runs. I'll have to tune it when I go on vacation but it has been pretty easy to own. I even changed out the spur gear with no problem - got to clean it a bit more than the normal while the engine was out too. The nitro "noise" does draw a crowd usually, in my area. So if you're trying to be stealthy with a nitro, good luck. The Traxxas T-Maxx in my opinion has been worth the money I paid for it and my son said he can't wait to get his hands on it...

I tried to buy a spare chassis but they didn't have one or I just didn't see it. I agree that that hinged connection at the front of the car is a weak point - I haven't broken anything there, yet. The shock got busted at the bottom connector and it looks like it leaked oil. I got a set for the front and a rebuild kit. I wanted to get the aluminum set but they were out. I am saving up all my broken parts and sending them into DuraTrax at the same time. I think the DuraTrax "helpdesk" is useless, in my opinion.

And finally, to EXT2Rob, you are right.

Have fun,
TSNF