RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 01:07 PM
JSS4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

That;s the good thing about the Evader, probably its main selling point: cheap entry price, and the stress-tech guarantee. But, Do what my bud did, save up all the stress-tech parts you break, and send them in just before your year runs out. Buy your own replacements. They take FOREVER to replace the warranty parts. (low priority) That way, you'll have spares, and your car won't be down for months.

RC has come a long way. Brushless motor systems and high-tech batteries give these little models amazing power and speed. And with very little maintenence when compared to Dad's old nitro cars. Unless one feels the need for engine noise, the smell of nitro fuel, and the angst that comes from trying to keep them running right, who needs nitro? (Well, ok, probably the guys running 1/5-scale SC 4x4s) Brushless can give you all the power you need and more. Maybe one day I'll get a Losi, or Associated, or an Ofna, and I'll be singing their praises and dissing ol' DTX, but the Evader got MEhooked, ANDmy buddy, and the hobby NEEDS cars like that, one that's inexpensive enough to hook a newb but tough enough to learn and grow with and make that newb a dedicated RC fan. Am Iright? or am Iright?

www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/106258/

castlecreations.com/products/mamba_xl2.html

To name a few. People convert their Baja 5B and 5SC to Mamba XL because it is more powerful, cheaper, and quiter to operate.

I will remain electric.