RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flight-Model KI-61 ???
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:51 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Flight-Model KI-61 ???

I thought I had my engine problems solved. However, the other day I flew once. No problems. After a while I started up and flew again. Ran fine, throttled back to about half throttle getting ready to lower the gear and flaps for landing, then the engine sagged and quit. I was low and going away from the field, tried to turn back to field but could see I was not going to make runway. So tried for area between the pitts and pilot stations. However, there was a fair cross wind blowing and plane went behind the fence and hit a concrete bench. Totally destroyed the left wing. Very little damage to the rest. Hobby King had these on sale or about $100 so I just ordered the whole ARF. I doubt one can get just the left wing from them. I've read their customer service is non-existent.

I've now modified the cowling with two openings in the front of the cowl just in above the spinner with air ducted to just above the carb. Also opened up the rear lower cowl area some more. Just waiting for my spare parts collection (ARF) to arrive.

I've got a spare RCFG 20 cc gas engine, servos, receiver, etc. Maybe I'll use the fuslage for a KI 100 and share the wings and landing gear between the two planes.