RCU Forums - View Single Post - *ASM Cessna 182 (10ft) 30-50cc*
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 04:16 AM
NOI53Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *ASM Cessna 182 (10ft) 30-50cc*

Hey all,

I've just been given an Advanced Scale Models Cessna 182. It's just the bare airframe however it has had a bit of an acident.

Basically the previous owner had a dead stick moment just after take off and she hit the deck. It brok the undercarriage out of it and damaged the firewall in the process.

My question is has anyone ever worked on one of these planes and done repairs on them. The fuselage is some sort of plastic type material and i'm not 100% sure about repairing it.

The bottom of the fuse has some big cracks and the like in it. I have thought about taping up the outside and then fiberglassing the inside. Then using body filler on the outside to fill in the cracks.

What do you think. Have you got any advice.

My other concern is getting replacement landing gear. ASM either doesn't exist any more or they just don't make this one anymore so parts are pretty scarce or just none existant.

I've got a set of Wendell Hostler plans for the same plane/same size but they recommend Sierra Giants from leg but that costs $250 alone. That's a bit to much for me to fatham at this point in time.

Again anyone have any ideas.