RCU Forums - View Single Post - Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

ORIGINAL: RickBlaine

Wow, what a massive storm of advices! thanks so much already verybody, i am still at work atm but asap when at home i will read closely. And be easy on my grammer/language skills

ORIGINAL: Eman77
...and runtime is his concern, the answer is this:
1) Buy 4 LiPo Batteries

I'm not saying electric is the BEST for this guy. But I am saying that runtime alone should not rule it out.
Right! The lipo/nitro runtime argument is something ive been thinking about too. I have to say back in the day as a kid, I hated to be dependent from the battery over night loading cicles, just to have 10mins if driving fun. Therefor the ''I want now without waiting''-nitro experience is really the advantage. Also 5l 25% nitro (~1.3gallons) cost 42euro (~51bucks). so thats 66 fillings for the hpi bullet, with 20min per filling i get 22hours of driving. the cost/drive ratio would be worth it to me to stay indipendent.

On the other side, how long can i drive with a 7,4v (2s right!?) lipo 5000 or 6000 mah, what do these cost? And how much batteries do I need to reach ~2hours driving?
for 2 hours I'd estimate 6-9 lipos (can be anywhere from 20mins-40mins a run depending on vehicle)

but yea a small block like the bullet you can run continuously from morning to night with no issues at all
I remember my MT2 when it was my only one 75CC tank lasted me 20-25 mins so I was averaging 21 hours of run time per gallon