RCU Forums - View Single Post - Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

U guys are under the impression that a nirto can run as long as it has fuel, well thats incorrect. It aint gonna move very far with a flat receiver battery.
So nitro's are not a instant ready to go setup u still need to charge the battery & charge it before every use

Dont know about u guys but im lucky to get 2 hours out of my reciver batterys, I get about 1 hour

Here is the sucky part, If u have a 1200mah battery for the receiver and charge it at 1.2a its still going to take 1.2 hours to charge
IMO its safe to say that the avarage nitro car, runs for the same time as it takes to charge it.

what about charging a lipo u say... well here we go

say i have a 2s 30c 5000mah 1c charge rate, if I charge it at 5a it will be fully charged in 1.2 hours (80min)....
but if i have a 2s 30c 5000mah 5c charge rate, it will be charge in 14min!!!!!!

So in short the fastest u can get a nitro running is going to be 80min no matter the size of the battery providing u charge at the reccomended 1c
in that time that u have charged ur receiver battery, u could of charged 5 lipos.
Now those 5 lipos are going to have enough run time that i dare say u will get sick of it before all 5 go flat.

just rember,
Nitro 80min prep time
Electric 14min prep time
I've gotten 5 hours out of 4 AA's in my MT2 which is about the same size as the bullet. Actually they corroded since I haven't driven it since.
so if you use AA's yes it is pick up and drive
and a D-cell glowplug warmer
lets see about 2 min prep time to put the batteries in, and fill the tank. Or just flip the switch if they are in, and fill the tank which is like 30 seconds.

also a charger that can charge at 25Amps is not cheap he could prolly buy 10 gallons of nitro for that cost and have 5 months of non stop running 24 hours a day 7 days a week