RCU Forums - View Single Post - F3A Results - SPOILER
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Jason Arnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F3A Results - SPOILER

ORIGINAL: lasers200

Just burned my 16th gallon on YS no deadsticks no problems just runs.

I would argue that the main driver for people deserting IC power is reliability. There's little point having all that power if it's unreliable. It's better to finish than not finish at all IMHO...

Regards,
Jason.

You should buy a lotto ticket then.. :-)

I used to be a glow flyer but have since made the switch to e-power on everything and don't regret it one little bit. The overall cost of my hobby has dramatically reduced because of this change. At roughly $100 a US gallon for 15% nitro fuel you have spent $1,600.00 on fuel. For that out lay you would have done ~400 flights or about $4 a flight. I have some F3A Unlimited packs that have over 100 flights on them. They cost me $240 for a 10S pack (2 x 5S) so the cost per flight is now less than $2.40. The more flights I get, the cheaper it gets.... For those on a budget e-power is the way to go undoubtedly.

Having said all that, everyone to their own. Some people love to tinker and wear everything in their airframe out. They also love the constant maintenance that comes with glow power. I would rather spend my time doing other things... :-)

Regards,
Jason.