RCU Forums - View Single Post - Screwed by HobbyKing
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Screwed by HobbyKing

ORIGINAL: dirtybird
You could buy an RCG from HK and have trouble with it, you could get replacement parts from the RCGF distributor. Of course you would have to buy them.
dirtybird, I don't understand this. Are you stating that if I buy an HK RCG I can get just get the replacement parts and not get the engine if it blows from defects since there is no serial number?

Have you bought any of the RCG engines from HK and if so, what was the outcome? I have read both good and bad about them. I am reluctant to purchase an engine there as I don't think it wise. I would prefer to pay more just to get the service as that is important to me where an engine is concerned. I would prefer that a company just state on the website, "This is an aftermarket engine, by at your own risk" and then I can decide if I want to take the risk.

BTW, this is where these forums can be very beneficial to us. We can share our experiences and in some cases get companies to change their practices. This also helps us by saving others from the hardships we have learned by our experiences. An example might be the "shilling" issue. That is something that I had not even though, although I have been skeptical of those "HK is the greatest thing since sliced bread" posts