RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting kinda bored...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:29 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting kinda bored...

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: zacharyR

would just like to debunk mr vemon .. your borderline trollish ... when i was a kid i had cars i went to radio shack toy's r us they had cars ... my friends had cars NONE of them could build or even fly an airplane .. yes now you can buy some foam toy and fly it ... but the majority of cars are geared for young people .. with bling bling and vedio game style taste ...

if you have adult friends and they come in your house and see you with your RC cars.. they are going to roll their eyes at you... now if you have legit RC airplanes ... they would be little less likely to roll their eyes ... at you because as a society the standard accepts that RC cars are more of a kids toys...

even if you had legit ( big money ) RC car's they wouldn't know ... but if someone sees a comp arf in your room I'm pretty sure he/she know's your not hanging out with teenagers on the weekend .. and that it's more a hobby .. then it's kids toys... and I'm pretty sure they know you dont shop at toy's R us ..... but with your RC car they see that car at toys R us and they see your car its in the same boat... TOYS..

FACT.. STOP TROLLING DUDE
Not really. I'm a ground RC guy. I'm a hair under 40. I have a few buddies/neighbors that have seen my stuff and really like them, and can tell at a glance that they are not toy grade.

The eye roll depends on who your friends are, really. If I was 23 fresh out of college hitting the clubs with all my friends, then yeah, they might have that mentality. When they get older, maybe not. So I think it depends on their age, as well as just the personality.

I honestly don't think I'd get a different reaction if I had planes. They do make some pretty cheap looking foamies, you know. It's not like any RC plane wins you instant credibility across all demographics.

Granted, I like watching them fly, and they are cool. I just don't own any, nor do I feel like you'll be shunned for owning ground vehicles, yet held in high esteem for simply owning any RTF airplane.

Honestly man, you seem like the troll. Not SyCo. He's been around here a while, and knows quite a bit. You seem more like the troll to me, given the intelligence of your post.
I've seen Syco miss LVC in troubling shooting someones question... you might back your buddy but he's no master... and i don't think he knows quite a bit.. LVC is pretty basic for you car guys is it not ..

you can hate on me and back your buddy up but it's factual that cars are viewed a lot closer to toys then airplanes.....thats it I'm done