RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution 45GX will not draw fuel ???
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 45GX will not draw fuel ???

I have an Evolution 45GX ( MVVS 45 IRS) that doesn't draw fuel. The original problem was that the engine would start up, rev up and then die. I sent the engine to Horizon to be diagnosed and they told me the problem was the ignition because I was using a C&H ignition at the time. The original ignition broke during a crash and I replaced it with the C&H unit. The engine worked fine with the C&H ignition for quite some time.

Under Horizon's service department advice I purchased a Vlach to ICU conversion Electronic ignition (for 2S LiPo) from Mr. Reivers. The ignition has proven not to be the problem since then I found out the engine is not drawing fuel. I replaced the carburetor diaphragm and the mesh filter, and that didn't fix the problem. I noticed that the there is hardly any pulse pressure coming from the crankcase and when I blew air into the pulse line air came out of the crankcase thru the carburetor. I removed the reed valve assembly and found out the reeds don't seat fully in contact with the reed housing so I suspect this may be the lack of pulse pressure.

I am ordering a new reed valve assembly from Horizon but I will like some feedback in regards this problem to make sure I am on the right track. Have anyone out there experience a similar problem? I don't want to keep throwing money at this engine in order to troubleshoot the problem. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.