RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is there a radio that does not lose signal?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:51 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is there a radio that does not lose signal?

ORIGINAL: Jagthack

I’m unfortunately in the market for a new radio. I have lost two airplanes to complete loss of control. My question…
Is there a radio out there that has not had or does not have problems with brown outs, frame loss, etc? Every radio I put in Google followed by the word problems get tons of pages with faults. Anything you guys know about that is close to fault proof?
Thanks!
Everyone has their favorite radio system and I know of none that are totally impervious to various forms of interference causing loss of the signal from the Tx. 2.4 systems are more resistant to RF noise but also more sensitive to fluctuations in Rx power.

I have flown RC aircraft since 1978. For many years I flew using Futaba radios. I found them to be just as reliable as any other manufacturer. I switched to JR just before the 9303 was introduced because I liked the features of the 9303 better than the Futaba 9CAP, not because there was anything wrong with the 9CAP. I picked up a Spektrum Module when they came out for the 9303 and I have been using it without issue ever since. For me and my RC club, JR/Spektrum has been very reliable and robust. A few use Futaba and Hitec without issue, as well. You will find that in many cases, members of the same club use the same equipment because they can help one another with programming and setup.

With 2.4, every radio manufacturer has had to develop their own implementation of the 2.4 Spread Spectrum Protocol so that they all work together and do not interfere with one another. If issues pop up, they are resolved and a better product is the result.