RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is there a radio that does not lose signal?
Old 08-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Jagthack
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is there a radio that does not lose signal?

Rich,
Thank you for the reply. I am trying to narrow it down to the radio that most guys have had the least amount of problems with.

As for you other two. Let’s see....I'll examine my abilities..
I’ve been in the hobby for about 25 years. I always have the safety officer check my new planes before the first flight. I have 12 planes from a small champ up to a 111cc Pilot Edge 540 and 3 heli’s. This issue is with a plug and play Striker new in the box last Saturday with 6 total flights. It had less than 2 min on a fully charged battery with tons of power. It was under full power when the plane went into the ground. The plane didn't go into fail safe and I had time to tell the 20+ guys who were watching me fly a straight pass down the run way that I had no control. I actually held the radio up in the air and moved the sticks around so everyone could see I had nothing. The plane turned slightly right and down at full power. It just flew right into the ground. The receiver is new. I had this same problem with my radio and another plane a few months ago. I sent the radio off and it was tested as good and sent back. I just figured that I did something wrong and moved on. Now this plane does the same exact thing. I don't think so! The other plane was all new with 5 total flights. It had a 6.0v battery pack on a fresh charge on the first flight of the day. Before you ASSume I don't know what I'm doing how about clarifying what I my experience is instead of ASSuming you know everything. I posted this to gain information and help me to decide on a new system not so you can run up your post count. I would really appreciate it if you would stay off this post unless you have an answer to the question I posted.
Thank you.