RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top-Flite Contender
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Top-Flite Contender

Yes. Mine balloons and I add down elevator mixed to the gear switch that I use for the flap. BE VERY CAREFUL when doing this and add only small amounts at a time AFTER you have reduced speed and deployed flaps in an initial test way above the runway. Note that you want to be moving slow when deploying the flap. Iwould not recommend adding it before first flight testing the model and seeing how much it needs. C.G. point chosen lilkely effects it.

Ihad a different model - a low wing Stik with split spolierons/flaperons- and hit the CROW switch by accidentinsteadof low ratesat speed and, by the time I recoved, I prevented a 90°nose-in but still ruined the teeth in four under-wing servos and the gear holed the wing and tore out the horizontal stab on one side as it hit the ground and crashed back into the tail. Some models climb with flaps, some nose down. Idon't know what the Contender might do if you hit the flap at high speed. Might nose up, might nose down. And if you already have down mixed in . . .