RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is there a radio that does not lose signal?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:21 AM
Jagthack
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is there a radio that does not lose signal?

We have had a few say 5 crashes at our field in the past 2 years where guys say they lost control of the plane. I can't speak for them but I know what happened to me. I know 99.98% or crashes are caused by human error. That's not to say a radio can't be the fault. So that leads me to look for a new radio.
What else would you do? You have a new plane, a new receiver with a satellite and a fully charged battery that is the exact size the manufacturer recommends. You have range checked the plane and all looks good. You fly about two mins and then while you are flying a pass from right to left down the runway about 50ft high the plane rolls right and dives into the ground at full throttle. As the plane is rolling out you yell I don't have it and hold up the radio while moving the sticks around and the plane continues to dive into the ground. What error could you have made that would cause that plane to crash? Now look back about three months you had another plane do almost the exact same thing but it was going the other direction and rolled out left. You sent the radio back to the manufacturer and they gave it a clean bill of health. What would you do?

How do you have a field analysis done? How much would that cost?