RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:22 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

I would be first in line for a set of symmetric wings for this plane. Even just a set of cores that would allow me to use the same wing tube location and locating pins. They're the biggest reason I held off buying one of these as long as I did, and the only complaint I have regarding it since I started flying it. This plane could be so much more......

I'm not going to complain about it though. It is what it is, and it's enough fun just like this to warrant a position in my flying stable for a long time?

Regarding the CG, this is so much about personal taste I'm not going to get in to anything but the fact that for those with solid flying experience, especially those that like to clown around with their planes, you owe it to yourself to mess with the CG location. ESPECIALLY those flying Great Planes kits. They are REALLY conservative with that suggested CG location. They even suggest there may be people who prefer to move it back after the test flights are complete. I'm at 1/2" back, and just bought a lightweight spinner to replace that boat anchor that comes with it, hoping to move it back further.... FWIW, -Al