RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contra Rotating Propeller Drive for f3a 2m Pattern Planes
Old 08-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Spark09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Contra Rotating Propeller Drive for f3a 2m Pattern Planes

Nice Br@m
My dad did a nice Job covering the plane in the Spark scheme.

This plane called the Indira is actually based on the little Miss Wind 50 wich I liked a lot but it's to small for serious F3A flying.
We can't afford the big Oxai Miss Wind so we scaled up the 50 size Miss Wind.
And after a few version this is the latest one.
It is completely wood built with foam wings and a carbon motor cowl.
Sorry there are no plans available.

This design flies very well with the contra drive, it seems that the small fuselage works very well with the contra drive.
I flew mine at the 2012 EC at Chateroux France and finished 47 this was my first EC.
I modified my wings with winglets like the Wind S Pro GFK version the bubble tips these seem to work better than the flat ones used on the Oxai Citrin. I also have them on the tips of the stabilizer for rock solid flight in windy conditions.
I also widened the TE of the rudder by almost 2 cm.

This was a very nice project and we had lots of fun !
The project started in the winter of 2010 there where 7 planes buildt. 1 crashed by a Emcotec DPSI switch failure.
Building and designing was done by Harry Wever, me and my dad. I've done the test flights and tweaking until it was at it's best.
The contra drive was the last and best upgrade for this plane it is a match made in heaven

Hope Br@m will enjoy the plane as much as I do.

I will post some nice pictures from the EC plane I took to France.