RCU Forums - View Single Post - 21x14 or 20x13???
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 21x14 or 20x13???

ORIGINAL: Rune

hello
I'm soon going to ordering a new plane and with that it will follow new motor and ++++.
so I'm think about getting one off the new light weight Hacker Q80, but they comming in diffrent types and KV!
I have in several years after I started to fly electric been using low KV engines and have use 21x14 .
But today the Apc 21x14 is discontinued and in fact I'm not wery happy with it as the tips seems to be to soft (and heavy)and making noise, the Falcon is a really good one but pricey and very fragile.
So what are you thougths , pro and cons between high and low Kv engines and 21 and 20 size propellers, i see that the Q80 is comming i several KV's.
Hello Rune....
I have the Plett 30-10 and Advance motors. I have used the Falcon 20.5x14.5 and the APC 21x14....I like the APC 21x14 a lot better. It has much better downline braking and the pace of the airplane is much better.
The APC 21x14 has not been discontinued but they have redesigned the prop for much quieter operation.
I had the earlier version....I threw it away after using the new version.
The new version has a thicker hub and thicker 'wings'...it is very stiff and does not flex.
Hope this helps a bit.