RCU Forums - View Single Post - Telemaster engine??
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 03:11 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Telemaster engine??

Jon if you are talking about a Senior Kadet Then yes I beleve Two 40FP's would fly it very nicely. No hot dog performer but certainly fun. I like the old FP's and far better than the LA's in a number of ways in my way of thinking.

If you mean the Senior Telemaster which is a bit bigger and a bit heavier, then the 40FP's Would perhaps struggle a bit.

As far as a triple goes' sure go for it if you like on either airplane. Just remember its not really neccessary to have matched engines for a triple although I do prefer them matched. By that I mean the center engine does not really need to be the same brand, model or displacement.

I prefer to pick engines for multi's that idle well for extended periods and have excellent throttle response.

Scott definately go ahead and try running the MDS on a stand or a cutout board like GB said its worth a try.

Zero nitro fuel is not real common in US LHS's but is a lot cheaper when you do find it. I had the same problem when I bought long ago an ASP 108 from the defunct World engines I think. It was a high compression type intended for zero or FAI fuel also. The solution in my case was to use two head gaskets then using I think 10%.

John