RCU Forums - View Single Post - Telemaster engine??
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Telemaster engine??

ORIGINAL: SCOTT42

Ive got some fuel I mixed up thats a 5% blend that I made for the super tiger 3000, im not real sure exactly how I made it while just sitting here but I can go out to the shop and look at what I wrote on the bottle, I knew I would forget the mix make up so I just wrote it on the jug. Id like to at least try the the engine but dont want a head ache to deal with either. The saito .65 and the mds .68 are the only two engines I have on hand that will power this plane with out going and buying a new one.
My .68 ran pretty good right out of the box and I have always used 15%. FAI is just 80% Methanol alcohol and 20% Castor Oil, do the math and toss in some nitro and you have it mixed. The MDS is a high compression engine and runs well on FAI. It was our American thinking that helped give the MDS a bad rap. The castings really were a problem but I never had a problem with the .68, only the .58. Stick it in a stand and see how yours runs, it either will or it won't, there isn't a lot of gray area. When the MDS ran they were stronger then most other engines, just make sure you break it in really well before you install it in the Master and don't use anything more then the 5%. The Master is like a cub, not very good for breaking in an engine, the engines don't work very hard in this plane!! The plane is really one of the best planes ever designed for just kicked back flying. The hardest thing with one is getting it to come down, every surface on it is an airfoil and they just love to float around.