RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra flash or Bandit
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:51 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Ultra flash or Bandit

ORIGINAL: RBardin

I have also seen and herd of several bandits shedding wings, stabs, etc in flight during normal use.
I would be really interested in some substantive details on this, Voy. Please post more info... Most everyone here remembers Adil's issue, but honestly thats the last I've heard or seen of what you describe above, and that one was extremely isolated with many circumstances about it. On what versions comparable to a UF have you seen/heard these issues happen? I have seen a Youtube of a guy who admittedly flew a BARF 100 mph over VNE and destroyed it, but that would fall far beyond the parameters of normal use.

I'm still working on a composite super myself, so if there is anything I need to look out for or be aware of, then I want to know!

Rusty

Adils wings ripping off is one I have seen blow apart first hand. I saw one at a jet rally in VA with the vertical stab ripping completely off in flight causing a crash. Two have blow apart in the air at a local field in PA that I know of. There are other instances reported here on RCU also. If its gentle pattern aerobatics someone wants, a bandit is great.

The UF is definitely a more robust airframe. The hinge delamination can be a pain, but at least ,it wont likely occur in flight, or cause the airframe to blow apart.

As for the poor paint scheme sellection, well, one can always go custom
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8VP4TjRlNI[/youtube]

~V~