RCU Forums - View Single Post - HSN came out of carb: IMPORTANT FOLLOW-UP
Old 08-19-2012, 05:51 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HSN came out of carb: IMPORTANT FOLLOW-UP

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

A few weeks ago, I noticed the HSN on my Losi 3.4 carb was loose.I tightened it, no problem. Today, it came out altogether.

In a nutshell, I am unable to "screw" it back in to the carb. I have tried everything, but to no avail. The only thing I can think of is either some piece is missing, or the threading in the hole where the HSN screws into has lost its threading at the top. When I take the inlet off, it threads in fine, and there is about a .0005 mm variance between threading it without the inlet vs with it on.

At this point, I only know to purchase a new carb (as it does not seem serviceable). If there is a specific part that (some kind of coupling) it's gone.

The crazy thing is I've not messed with it at all. It just "happened".

I know it is a shot in the dark, but does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the fuel inlet banjo fitting being .0005mm? Most are about 5mm. But if the carb body threads are gone, I would think a new carb body would be the only sure fix. You might be able to find a longer inlet screw, but diameter and thread pitch might make this route a lost cause. I don't believe Losi sells 3.4 carb bodys, so a new carb might be the only solution.

When you tightened the inlet the first time, was there a bit of "Superman" involved? Carb body castings are soft and composite bodys are even softer.

You could take off both washers in thehope ofcatching some threads. Then epoxy the area and hope for the best.